The Husbandry School – where the land becomes the classroom
The Husbandry School is set in a stunning location in the heart of the Devon Countryside. From its hilltop vantage point you can see the breathtaking tapestry of the landscape unfolding into the distance; from craggy moorland tors to rich green valleys rolling downwards to the coast, its unique setting brings a sense of place and history alive.
The Husbandry School provides the perfect place to explore:
- Devon’s natural environment and landscape
- Past historical events and influences
- Devon’s cultural identity, customs and traditional practices
- Our place in the landscape
As well as exploring geography and history we can also run sessions that look at:
- Alternative energy
- Where does our food come from – developing a connection to the land
- Growing fruit and vegetables
- How to plants seeds and nurture seedlings
- How to set up a veg garden at your school
- Rural skills
- Art on the land
- Creative workshops, painting, drawing, felt making, paper making storytelling etc.
- Learning about animals, chickens, sheep, pigs and goats
- Cooking skills
We have a huge outdoor learning space as well as a number of yurts that can be used for indoor classroom space, an outdoor wood fired oven and facilities to make and provide lunch for pupils.
Contact us to discuss your ideas and needs and to set up a programme for your school.